Training Provider to universities
Growing and Broadening the Commercial Relationship
To help academics, research students and support staff to develop a fruitful business relationship beyond initial trading activities thereby acting as a partner rather than purely a supplier of goods and services.
- Plan to satisfy a wide range of stakeholders
- Compose a checklist of key factors that will increase the chance of your innovation being adopted
- Analyse factors that might influence the client's future needs (up to 2 years)
- Judge longer-term needs and opportunities for co-development of new products and services
- Plan to communicate with your wider audience
What did we learn from the first engagement?
- Reviewing the initial project: to what degree were expectations met?
- Meeting the needs of key players
- Absorptive capacity: diffusion and adoption of innovations
Securing the client by understanding their world view
- Turning satisfaction into loyalty
- Relationship management
- Scenario planning to anticipate future challenges (products and/or markets)
Creating new opportunities in partnership